Wednesday, 19 October 2016

well I have had a busy few days.....playing with my new die cutting machine and trying to incorporate my art work into the images that I have cut out.......I have also done some painting.
On the die cut flowers, I cut them onto plain white paper and then painted each one with watercolour and varnished them before assembling them into the flowers.
They were then stuck onto card stock.
here are a few examples.

Friday, 7 October 2016

this last week I have been playing with my new die cutting machine. I have held back from getting one for many years as I still had the original red sizzix machine and was loathe to just "dump" it. However, people no longer made the big fat dies and so I decided that I would like a new one.
My lovely hubby agreed to treat me to one and I settled on the Big Shot plus because it takes all sizes and makes of dies.
Being a rebel I really didn't want to churn out items like everyone else did and so hubby also treated me to some lovely flower dies from Sheena Douglass. You can buy co-ordinating rubber stamps to go with the dies but that is NOT my style. I cut out the petals and leaves for the flowers and decided to paint each one by hand. that meant that each one would be unique with different markings and colours. I made one up into a greetings card and it sold straight away....
I made another one and first I painted a background with acrylic paints. I wanted my cards to be artistic and different. That one sold straight away as well. I am now in the process of making a few more.
As I paint a lot of landscapes, sometimes I need a change and so I decided to paint a few of my cartoon cards and am in the process of making a few more.