Wednesday 17 August 2011

Wednesday

Today I had some ME time...I don't get it very often and so I decided to paint an acrylic 7x5. With acrylics, they dry so quickly that you have to really start and finish the work in one go. It took me longer to clean the palette and brushes than do the painting. I am quite happy with it. I am practicing , with a view to painting a large acrylic.......I have been watching lots of teaching dvd's and they are very helpful, especially as I have never had an art lesson....apart from in School...and that was 48 years ago......
Hope you like the picture...I am quite pleased with it.

4 Comments:

At 17 August 2011 at 10:17 , Blogger Spiral Fountain Jewellery said...

That is gorgeous, I feel relaxed just gazing at it... Keep up the good work!
Rgds Nicky

 
At 17 August 2011 at 10:41 , Blogger Margaret said...

I love it, the colours shine out and it's an amazing scene!

 
At 17 August 2011 at 20:13 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

great work =] i like working in acrylic too

x

 
At 17 August 2011 at 23:43 , Blogger Lin said...

That painting is fabulous, so restful and relaxing. Makes you feel like you could just step into it.
Linda

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home