Sunday 14 August 2011

Sunday

today we have sunshine at last. After watching Hash on the tv yesterday, I decided to try a profile face. I am quite good at faces but this was a challenge to try to work in an impressionist way... The result was not very good. I will take a picture of it for tomorrow......I need to get out of thinking that every face has to be outlined in black ink !!! At least you will see that I make lots of bad paintings too !!
I went on to paint one of my usual landscapes and I was much happier with that. It is very difficult to step outside your comfort zone but at least I had a try at it and I daresay that I will try again !! Thank goodness these paintings are tiny and can be overpainted to make something else. The dilemma is...do I keep it and keep looking at it, so that I can view my mistakes or paint over it and forget that I did it?
Here is another of my paintings...this one is on ebay....

1 Comments:

At 15 August 2011 at 10:00 , Blogger Margaret said...

I love this one of the interesting trees and the pink sea! I've been over to ebay to put my bid in:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home