Friday 12 August 2011

Friday

well another miserable day....will we ever see summer.
Went to the Range today and bought a tube of white gouache and a tiny palette knife.  They have a fantastic range of art items in there. All I need now is more time to paint....and some ideas.
Tomorrow I shall watch the amazing Hashim Akib on Create and Craft. He does the most amazing art demos on the show....very inspiring and a very talented man. I would have loved to have spent my life painting and earning money from selling my work...and possibly teaching. When I left school, I wanted to go to Art School but you needed Maths O level to get in and for me that was not a possibility !!! Mum said I needed to get a sensible office job as Art was NOT a job....more of a hobby....so I never went. Sad really because I am sure life would have been more fulfilling. I AM lucky that I was able to vere off in later life and go into knitwear designing which I taught at Adult Education centres in London, so I suppose in some ways I ended up as a teacher of some sort of Art. Now life seems to have gone full circle and I am back painting again. It is a big learning curve for me as I have had no professional training and am just learning by watching demos and dvd's. ....there is always something new to learn...
Here is another of my tiny paintings....

1 Comments:

At 14 August 2011 at 10:11 , Blogger Baban Cat said...

I wanted to go to Art School too and met with a similar reaction. My mother also said that it was full of drug addicts. I went to teacher training college instead and did Textiles. I met plenty of druggies there. Even the boy who went to chapel from our village was taking them. My mother won't believe me because he was a 'nice' boy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home