Tuesday 16 August 2011

Tuesday

This morning, I managed to paint 5 aceos...perhaps some more later today....on a roll now.
I find it SO inspiring looking in the shops belonging to other artists and checking out the art on ebay....
It is by looking and seeing styles and colours that I am able to learn and hopefully improve my work.....
there are no art classes near me...well there is one but I understand it is for beginners and also expensive....neither of which is what I am looking form....so I have to rely on what I can find online.
Here is another of my tiny paintings....this one is an encaust painting which is painting with melted was on the bottom of a warm travel iron. The results can be stunning.....the tiny mushroom like shapes are achieved by dabbing the point of the iron onto the card.....there are many interesting patterns that can be made in this way... If any of you fancy trying encaustic painting then goodle Wakes Waxes and look at some of the fabulous work on there....also Barry the owner supplies all the tools needed to create beautiful pictures.
I also have paintings for sale in my Folksy shop   http://www.folksy.com/shops/teabreaks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home